[Gambas-user] check 4 Gambas Runtime files?

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Mon Dec 18 08:38:19 CET 2017

Am 18.12.2017 00:23, schrieb Cristiano Guadagnino:
> Hi Rolf!
>
> On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 1:28 PM, Rolf-Werner Eilert <rwe-sse at osnanet.de
> <mailto:rwe-sse at osnanet.de>> wrote:
>
>             (...)
>

>         But this is what we do, no? There's a package gambas3-runtime
>         and a separate
>         package gambas3-ide. If your distribution doesn't have these
>         two, it is
>         packaging Gambas incorrectly [1]. They might provide a package
>         group called
>         "gambas3" on top, which contains everything, for convenience.
>

>     No idea. I know how to install everything from Yast (I am on Suse),
>     and maybe I don't care for package names. So I wasn't aware it is
>     already done like this.
>

> Actually Suse has Gambas3 split up in 95 packges!! (and yes, it has a
> Gambas3 meta-package grouping all of them)
> Obviously one of them is gambas3-runtime.
>
> Cris

Yes :) I know. And I know what to do: You have to scroll down the list
and check the lowermost two packages. That will activate all the rest.

But Yast has this other filter list where only meta packages appear,
maybe one should take a look here. But when you type Gambas to be
searched, it will point you to the looooong list of little packages...

At least somewhat confusing for beginners, isn't it?

Regards
Rolf