[Gambas-user] linked project-files

Cristiano Guadagnino criguada at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 18:48:35 CET 2017

Hi PICCORO

On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 6:17 PM, PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard at gmail.com>
wrote:

> cristiano, your eyes are blind.. by able to search library on current
> path, gambas programs can run in portable mode..
> the objetive are no need of installation by user, no need of knowleged,
> only just a single click and run.. all the needed files will be in current
> path

This is the Windows way of doing things and I don't like or support it at
all, but if you want it you're free to try.

> so in development mode also many users can just load the project and
> continue coding without special or xtra steps..
> this its the most frustrating part, in userA project are in their local
> path, when i just load their proyect in muy home, says that library X are
> not available in the /home/userA/.local etc etc

That's exactly why libraries should be in predictable system-wide paths.
Typically, when you want to develop something in Linux you need to install
a -devel package and you do it as root.
I wouldn't advocate the usage of code produced from someone who doesn't
want to learn such basic things.

Cris