[Gambas-user] linked project-files

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Sun Dec 3 08:29:22 CET 2017

Am 02.12.2017 um 19:04 schrieb Charlie Reinl:

> Ok, but why MUST. For me, most of these files are not in a, better, no
> more in a project, I call that my common Function pool, which provide me
> common gambas3 routines etc.

For that (common function pool) the much cleaner and more reliable
solution would be to define them as libraries. Because then they have
their path where the interpreter automatically finds them.

It is also better if you package your Gambas project(s) and give it away.

I also stumbled over that (linked files are r/o), but only when I wanted
to debug step by step classes that reside in components or libs and I
wanted to link these files in my project where I was debugging.

So in that seldom cases I copy them into the project I am debugging and
if done, move them back afterwards.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--