[Gambas-user] Switching to GitLab

ML d4t4full at ...626...
Wed Aug 23 20:42:01 CEST 2017

Piccoro,

Please don't take it personal. I tried to read that same wiki page, and
I had the same issues as Christof; could not make heads nor tails of it.
You know your english lacks sometimes, and have been told so a couple of
times now. To make things worse, it looks -to me at least- that you
assume your audience to be as vastly experienced in Git as you are.

As an example, I forked the official repo for ODBC-tweaking only after I
saw two or three other sites and read over one hour from other Git
sites, and bits from the mails and the wiki. And even so, I'm not sure I
understood half of it!

I can translate technical SPA to ENG if I'm given an equally coherent
spanish text. If you care to write it, I can translate it for you so you
reupload it.

Also, as I said, it looks like you use Git for very long and know how it
works pretty well.
Please try to write the guide in a way that's more newbie-friendly and
Gambas-repo-policies oriented (I mean, using the proper "workflow"), so
people like me that NEVER used Git are not scared to type something and
blow Benoît's hard work sky-high!

Regards,