[Gambas-user] Different digit number in master version

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Tue Aug 22 20:27:30 CEST 2017

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017, Gianluigi wrote:
> Sorry Tobias,
> but I don't have understod.
> I refer to the f05e6bc master version code, which I get from gbx3 -V as
> compared to what is in Commit f05e6bc[0] which has one number more, in this
> case zero.
> You mean that I not extracted the latest version?

I'm not sure I understand which difference you talk about, but could it be
that you're unaware that git commit IDs are SHA-1 hashes? They are pretty
long and the current commit is identified by this hash:

  f05e6bc0ca31f4211d46201618a79f65e78f16ae

Now "gbx3 -V" shortens this to the first 8 characters in the hope that these
still uniquely identify the commit, and whatever other source of the commit
hash you're looking at shortens it to 7 characters.

Regards,
Tobi