[Gambas-user] Git compilation report

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at ...3340...
Sun Aug 20 23:44:26 CEST 2017

Hello Gianluigi,

Am 20.08.2017 um 00:00 schrieb Gianluigi:

> First of all I apologize for the delay with which I answer you, but today
> it was a day of work entirely dedicated to my wife, and in addition I
> helped an Italian friend explaining how to install Gambas from Git :-D

I think you had a great day, as I did with my family! :-)

> I also wanted to make sure I understood.
> Thank you very much for the step-by-step help, which is indispensable for a
> tough head (goat is my logo) like me.
> The next time I update from Git will do as you have clearly suggested.
> Only ask you for a confirmation to see the changes, we need to watch the
> commit here [0] or does a better method exist from the terminal?

There is a great program called "tig", it lets you see all changes on
the terminal and also organize own changes and commits easily.

I think it's part of every distro. In Debian I do an "apt install tig".

Then, if you're in "gambasdevel", after a "git pull", write "tig" to see
and scroll through the commit log and have a look at the changes.

You have to get familiar with that program, as it seems to be a little
bit crude first, but I did not find any better "GUI" for Git till now.

> With your permission I take advantage of this mail to thank the friends
> Piccoro, Charlie (Karl), Tobias, Adrien, Tony you are all fantastic I am
> honored that you give me yours time.

Sure, very nice!!! :-)
Great people, all over the world!

Alles Gute