[Gambas-user] Mailinglist

Sat Aug 19 21:25:16 CEST 2017

> 1) Google groups are not a mailing-list. I want mails, so that I can have
> every post in my mail client and read them without Internet.

They are if you want. That is exactly how I use google groups. I never use
the web interface.

2) Google crawls the data, and who knows what they do with them.

It's Gambas mailing list, do we care? Also nabble already publishes the
mailing list content.

> 3) Google brutally stopped their issue tracker. I had to make an issue
> tracker for Gambas in a hurry because of that. There is no guarantee that
> they won't stop Google groups brutally too.

Yeah, bad policy from google, but this is quite hard requirement to
fulfill. There is always some uncertainty.

> 4) I don't want to force people to have a Google account.

Google account is needed only for the web interface.

Jussi