[Gambas-user] Switching to GitLab

Adrien Prokopowicz adrien.prokopowicz at ...626...
Wed Aug 16 21:30:30 CEST 2017

Le Wed, 16 Aug 2017 18:30:03 +0200, Benoît Minisini via Gambas-user
<gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net> a écrit:

> It's because the download tool of GitLab downloads everything
> (especially the 'MakeWebSite' project that has a lot big files in it),
> whereas the "make dist-bzip2" command only package what is relevant to
> compile and install Gambas.
>
> If no 'git' solution exist, maybe I will have to make these source
> packages manually again, and store them on Sourceforge as usual...

While there are no "git" solutions for this, maybe we should put the
website in
its own repository, apart from the rest of the source tree ?
Same goes for the wiki, the bugtracker, etc.

(I can move it into a new repository without losing the history, if you
want)

As a side-note, we can also use GitLab's Pipelines feature to run the make
dist-bzip2 command and store the results every time we tag a new release
(we can also use it to distribute compiled binaries if we want).

--
Adrien Prokopowicz