[Gambas-user] Switching to GitLab

adamnt42 at ...626... adamnt42 at ...626...
Wed Aug 16 19:44:56 CEST 2017

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 18:19:12 +0200
Karl Reinl <karl.reinl at ...9...> wrote:

> Salut,
>
> not knowing git, and not having read anything about GitLab,
> following these instructions seems to run oK! But this is a > 35 MB
> download. Do I have to do that every time, if I want to get the newest
> release (I know the example is for the stable Version)?
> What is to do to get only the changes like with svn ? Any short HowTo
> somewhere ?
>

> --
> Amicalement
> Charlie

 Oh hell, do I ever feel your pain!
But it is 3am here and I must go to bed.
I'll try and write something sensible in the morning, but yes there is an answer (and amazingly it is "fairly simple").

p.s. The damn thing is just a damn stupid version control system (VCS) Like you I was expecting something like SVN but with bells, whistles and kitchen fairies!

--
B Bruen <adamnt42 at ...3379... (sort of)>