[Gambas-user] Switching to GitLab

adamnt42 at ...626... adamnt42 at ...626...
Sun Aug 13 16:42:42 CEST 2017

On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 15:19:05 +0200
"Adrien Prokopowicz" <adrien.prokopowicz at ...626...> wrote:
> git clone https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas.git # Will create a new  "gambas" directory

   # Download a clone of the Gambas source repository to <path>
   git clone https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas.git <path>

or perhaps even
   # Copy the Gambas git repository HEAD from GitLab to a local path
   git clone --single-branch https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas.git <path>

But we also need a way to clone at a particular tag, say 3.10.0, I dont know how to do that.

bruce

p.s. some markdown I have writ follows:
#### [Downloading a local "working copy"]
If you want to update your Gambas copy frequently as the developers add features and correct those seldom
found bugs then you will want to create a "working copy" of the repository on your own machine (or local network
drive or whatever).
To do this you can still access the repository as an "anonymous" user, but you will need to have **git** installed on
your system.\
 *~(Add info on installing git if it's not in the distro).~*

The command to use is:
    # Copy the Gambas git repository from GitLab to a local path
    git clone --single-branch https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas.git <path>
(where <path> is where you want the clone installed.)

This will copy the entire history of the **latest Gambas version** (~not the latest Release~) to the <path> and set up the git infrastrucure
to support future updates. So, if you want to just download at specific release ...

--
B Bruen <adamnt42 at ...3379... (sort of)>