[Gambas-user] Creating a picture and inserting

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Wed Aug 9 17:23:23 CEST 2017

This is how :-)

' Gambas class file

Public Sub Form_Open()

  Dim i As Integer
  Dim hImg As Image

  For i = 0 To 200
    hImg = New Image(32, 32, Color.Transparent)

    Paint.Begin(hImg)
    Paint.Font.Bold = True

    Paint.Ellipse(0, 0, Paint.Width, Paint.Height)

    Paint.Brush = Paint.Color(Color.Yellow)
    Paint.Fill(True)
    Paint.Brush = Paint.Color(Color.Black)
    Paint.Stroke

    Paint.Text(i, 0, 0, Paint.Width, Paint.Height, Align.Center)
    Paint.Brush = Paint.Color(Color.red)
    Paint.Fill

    Paint.End

    ListView1.Add(i, "Item " & i, hImg.Picture)
  Next

End

> I meant the latter: drawing the picture by the program dynamically and then
> use it directly.
>
> The only way I found was Picture.Save(), then Picture.Load() in the ListView
> or whatever, but that is somewhat roundabout. In my program, I could use it,
> because the picture would have to be made only once and then could stay the
> same, but it still needs to use the filesystem for it.
>
> Regards
> Rolf
>

> Am 09.08.2017 16:46, schrieb Fabien Bodard:
>>
>> well i do not understand what you want exactly ...
>>
>> drawing a picture with the mouse on the drawing area and copy the
>> picture in a list view ?
>>
>> or
>>
>> Drawing picture/image dynamiquely in memory and then use it in a list view
>> ?

>>> A similar question like a few days ago - now with a list view...
>>>
>>> Is there a way to create some form of a Picture and use it for the
>>> running
>>> program?
>>>
>>> What I think about: Using a DrawingArea, draw something small, make it a
>>> Picture and then directly use it to insert it into a ListView, GridView,
>>> on
>>> any Button etc.
>>>
>>> How can I save/re-use a Picture? Or do I have to draw it somewhere else?
>>>
>>> Thank you for your insight!
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Rolf

Fabien Bodard