[Gambas-user] floating (MDI) console window at startup

roger oc3vp7w8 at ...1709...
Mon Sep 26 22:01:01 CEST 2016

Thank You for the reply

The menu that I am referring to is the main Gambas menu and in particular
View > Console.

MDI is an acronym meaning Multiple Document Interface. It is where the
windows are independent and positionable (not a long technical answer).
Gambas in the early days was MDI until it was changed to SDI (Single
Document Interface) as it is now. The GIMP is a strong example of MDI.

I am asking how to prevent the console from showing at start up.
Specifically how do I through preferences or config file editing change the
Console checkbox from checked to unchecked at start up. I am aware of the
function of F11. It does seem a waste to constantly (every time!) press F11
when a simple preference edit would turn it off. It also does seem strange
that this never happened through versions 1 to 3.84. It only happens now
with 3.9.0.

Do you know how to make the change? or is this a bug or a wish?

Thanks

Roger