[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #1006: Debian packaging gone wrong

bugtracker at ...3416... bugtracker at ...3416...
Tue Sep 20 02:04:18 CEST 2016

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1006&from=L21haW4-

Comment #13 by C THAL:

Yes, the second is better for sure. But how can the packager know after the sublib is packaged, that the package anylib-sublib_0.0.1-1_all.deb exists? So that the packager does not display the error message.

Uhh ... quite difficult ... :-/

The easy way: Forbid packaging of libraries which depend on other libraries. This would lead to more clean programming. And if one needs to do this anyway, give the advice to do it with "make" outside the IDE. I could write an explanation in the wiki, how a Makefile could look like (as I do this for myself).