[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #1006: Debian packaging gone wrong

bugtracker at ...3416... bugtracker at ...3416...
Tue Sep 20 01:35:33 CEST 2016

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1006&from=L21haW4-

Comment #12 by Benoît MINISINI:

OK, I understand. It's somehow what I said before: to create the dependency, the packager has to know its package name.

And the package name of the library is void until you make a package of it!

Two solutions:

1) Use a default package name. The problem is that I can't guess it, and a bad guess would be done silently, and the package will be created with a false depency.

2) Display an error message: "Please create the package of the library 'anylib' first".

I think the second solution is better.