[Gambas-user] Christmas gift

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at ...3340...
Sun Sep 18 15:48:54 CEST 2016

Am 18.09.2016 um 15:12 schrieb Tobias Boege:

> I second this. I may have already mentioned this but soon after the local
> library search path was implemented, one of my projects was prospering.
> I have taken a habit of calling the module which maintains an application-
> or library-specific directory "Config", for the lack of a better universal
> word. In my case, I needed both a directory for the application and for
> the library, and ended up with two Config modules, the library one of which
> was exported. The result was chaos. I did not even think about the name
> collision until lots of debugging time passed.

If you are able to control the naming inside your own projects, you are
in a relatively comfortable position, but if you want to use foreign
libs and keep them up to date you are lost in case of conflicts.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur