[Gambas-user] Christmas gift

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sun Sep 18 15:12:54 CEST 2016

On Sun, 18 Sep 2016, Christof Thalhofer wrote:
> If this is a wishlist, I would wish
>
> Namespaces
>
> This really could lift Gambas development to a new level because it
> would be easy to share libraries without worrying about any name
> collissions.

I second this. I may have already mentioned this but soon after the local
library search path was implemented, one of my projects was prospering.
I have taken a habit of calling the module which maintains an application-
or library-specific directory "Config", for the lack of a better universal
word. In my case, I needed both a directory for the application and for
the library, and ended up with two Config modules, the library one of which
was exported. The result was chaos. I did not even think about the name
collision until lots of debugging time passed.

Regards,
Tobi