[Gambas-user] Softwarefarm / Libraries etc.

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Sep 17 00:09:02 CEST 2016

Le 16/09/2016 à 23:39, Benoît Minisini a écrit :

> I don't understand what you are saying.
>
> A gambas library is just a gambas project whose project type is "Library".
>
> The farm software only store sources. Everything is compiled on the
> client from the sources downloaded from the farm.
>
> So it's just a matter of writing code in the IDE, so that the farm
> client support library installation.
>
> Dependency management is just a "plus" that prevent from having to
> install the library explicitely. It can be done later.
>
> Regards,

I have added library support in revision #7913.

Now, when publishing a library, it automatically gets the "library" tag,
and I added a "library" entry in the farm client initial step.

And when installing a library from the farm, the library is compiled and
installed in the local downloaded projects directory and in the local
library directory, the same way as when making an executable from the
project (i.e. with a symbolic link).

Just try and tell me what you think.

Now I have to manage dependencies between farm software projects... But
it's another deal.

--
Benoît Minisini