[Gambas-user] Softwarefarm / Libraries etc.

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Sep 16 23:39:21 CEST 2016

Le 16/09/2016 à 23:29, Charlie Reinl a écrit :
> Am Freitag, den 16.09.2016, 22:21 +0200 schrieb Benoît Minisini:
>> Le 16/09/2016 à 22:10, Charlie Reinl a écrit :
>>> Salut Benoît,
>>>
>>> problem : I have a project using a gambas written library. How can I
>>> install/set that on Softwarefarm?
>>> *.gambas on /Data (project root) are not taken into account.
>>>
>>> While that sudo function is not necessarily needed, how can I load it
>>> per (hand) code, if present.
>>>

>> Two things are missing:
>>
>> 1) Support for installing a library from the software farm.
> And just an exception to get *.gambas into account
>>
>> 2) Dependencies between softwares.
> Ok, no way around that!
>>
> Finally, what I can do is a Dummy-Starter.gambas, porting the project
> name, which looks if the two (or more) files myApp.gambas.EXEC and
> myLib.gambas.LIB can be found in ~/.local/share/gambas3/bin/<vendor> and
> renamed to myApp.gambas and myLib.gambas and then starts myApp.gambas.
> Sure that works, because if it is not *.gambas it will be took into
> account!
> That's best unix tradition... make it run!

I don't understand what you are saying.

A gambas library is just a gambas project whose project type is "Library".

The farm software only store sources. Everything is compiled on the
client from the sources downloaded from the farm.

So it's just a matter of writing code in the IDE, so that the farm
client support library installation.

Dependency management is just a "plus" that prevent from having to
install the library explicitely. It can be done later.

Benoît Minisini