[Gambas-user] MediaPlayer bug with AboutToFinish and URL?

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Oct 27 02:45:47 CEST 2016

Le 27/10/2016 à 00:49, Piper984 a écrit :
> Hello Benoît,
>
> Glad you were able to use the archive.  FYI: Looks like the Nabble website
> removes the .tar from the archive, but it's still a valid .tar file.  I
> opened it on 16.04, 14.04, and Mac OSX, and I could see the source files (I
> did have to turn hidden files off).
>
> Regarding gb.media.form and the MediaView control, when setting the .URL
> during the AboutToFinish() event it is the same as the control from the
> gb.media component.  I see the warning:
>
> gb.media: warning: could not catch end of stream
>
> ... and the next video clip does not load.  I tried the same set of code,
> but changing the .URL to .NextURL but this just made the app hang at the end
> of the first clip.  The 'END' event didn't fire, but the next URL didn't
> load either.  If I invoked the .Stop() method the warning above will print
> to the console.
>
> If you are seeing this work on your development machine(s), could I ask what
> video card you use?  Could the issue be related to the Intel video
> card/driver I am using?  Although all works as expected w/ Python +
> Gstreamer library to maybe that's not the case.

I just took your code, replaced .URL by .NextURL inside the
AboutToFinish event handler, and the two media URLs by URLs that exist
on my disk. And things worked as expected.

The End event is raised (according to the documentation) when the player
finishes all its job. Not when a stream ends.

If your streams are not too big, maybe you can send them? Or put them on
a server so that I can get and test them.

I have an Intel GPU on Ubuntu 16.04.

Benoît Minisini