[Gambas-user] MediaPlayer bug with AboutToFinish and URL?

Piper984 mclennan at ...3614...
Thu Oct 27 00:49:36 CEST 2016

Hello Benoît,

Glad you were able to use the archive.  FYI: Looks like the Nabble website
removes the .tar from the archive, but it's still a valid .tar file.  I
opened it on 16.04, 14.04, and Mac OSX, and I could see the source files (I
did have to turn hidden files off).

Regarding gb.media.form and the MediaView control, when setting the .URL
during the AboutToFinish() event it is the same as the control from the
gb.media component.  I see the warning:

gb.media: warning: could not catch end of stream

... and the next video clip does not load.  I tried the same set of code,
but changing the .URL to .NextURL but this just made the app hang at the end
of the first clip.  The 'END' event didn't fire, but the next URL didn't
load either.  If I invoked the .Stop() method the warning above will print
to the console.

If you are seeing this work on your development machine(s), could I ask what
video card you use?  Could the issue be related to the Intel video
card/driver I am using?  Although all works as expected w/ Python +
Gstreamer library to maybe that's not the case.