[Gambas-user] gambasdoc.org up for sale?

sbungay sbungay at ...3301...
Sun Oct 2 19:06:18 CEST 2016

On 16-10-02 12:01 PM, Tobias Boege wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Oct 2016, sbungay wrote:
>>    Just started working on a new application (it has been a couple of
>> months) and when I'm typing the IDE is popping up autocompletion
>> messages that report gambasdoc.org is for sale? This, IMHO, is the
>> problem with online services such as this. If it was local this wouldn't
>> happen. Anyway, Is there a new url to point the IDE to for autocomplete?
>>

> The "new" domain is gambaswiki.org. Gambas 3.5.3 from April 2014 was,
> according to release notes, the first Gambas version to use the that
> domain. IIRC, gambasdoc.org was kept alive for backward compatibility
> until at least April 2015, but was readonly and had big red notices
> that a domain transition happened.
>
>> Oh, Mint 17.3 64 Bit
>> Gambas 3.1.1 (the one in the Repo)
>>

> 3.1.1 is four and a half years old. My advice would be to upgrade.
> I'm aware some people are infuriated whenever somebody suggests that,
> but a lot happens in four years and nobody will look into bug reports
> for ancient versions.

   Naw, not infuriated, I was installing GAMBAS from sources long before
from REPO, it would be nice for the distro maintainers to keep up
though. :/ I dload the most recent and see if it will compile....
haven't done that is AGES.