[Gambas-user] gambasdoc.org up for sale?

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sun Oct 2 18:01:03 CEST 2016

On Sun, 02 Oct 2016, sbungay wrote:
>    Just started working on a new application (it has been a couple of
> months) and when I'm typing the IDE is popping up autocompletion
> messages that report gambasdoc.org is for sale? This, IMHO, is the
> problem with online services such as this. If it was local this wouldn't
> happen. Anyway, Is there a new url to point the IDE to for autocomplete?

The "new" domain is gambaswiki.org. Gambas 3.5.3 from April 2014 was,
according to release notes, the first Gambas version to use the that
domain. IIRC, gambasdoc.org was kept alive for backward compatibility
until at least April 2015, but was readonly and had big red notices
that a domain transition happened.

> Oh, Mint 17.3 64 Bit
> Gambas 3.1.1 (the one in the Repo)

3.1.1 is four and a half years old. My advice would be to upgrade.
I'm aware some people are infuriated whenever somebody suggests that,
but a lot happens in four years and nobody will look into bug reports
for ancient versions.

Regards,
Tobi