[Gambas-user] Slow Gambas Startup

Cam Era cybercamera at ...626...
Thu Nov 24 05:40:05 CET 2016

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 5:50 AM, Nigel Verity <nigelverity at ...67...>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have Gambas 3.8.4 installed on 3 laptops, in each case running Mint 17.3
> Mate. While each is a different hardware spec they are similar. Two have
> SSDs and one a spinning HD.
>
> My problem is that on 2 machines Gambas starts up in a few seconds. On the
> 3rd it takes more than  a minute. Once it is running it works well - it's
> purely the startup which is very slow. All other applications installed on
> this machine (SSD) seem to start normally.
>
> I have reinstalled Gambas but it makes no difference. Does Gambas perform
> any disk or file checks during startup which might explain this odd
> behaviour?

Nigel,

late response to an old thread, but in case this helps...

I had a similar problem on one laptop running Ubuntu and Gambas about 18
months ago. Gambas would essentially 'hang' for about 1 minute while
config for the local CUPS config was commented out, Gambas loaded in
seconds.

You may be facing a similar issue.

HTH

-- Cam