[Gambas-user] Load modules dynamically ?

gbwilly at ...3606... gbwilly at ...3606...
Mon Nov 14 19:56:37 CET 2016

On 2016-11-14 18:17, ub2 at ...36... wrote:
> Dear Gambas users,
>

> The situation:
> - Different gambas-programs,
> - all using similar functions
> - All those functions are packed in modules.
>
> The question:
> I there a way to load those modules at runtime?
> As for example in the FMain.Form_Open, something like:
> - "ModuleXY.Load(Path_to_Module)", or
> - "ImportModule("Path_to_module","LoadAsModuleName")
>
> My hope:
> Stopping to struggle with similar but diverging functions in different
> programs by loading a "Master-Module" at runtime.
>

> Sorry if there is a simple and stupid answer, I've not found it yet.

In short:
I would put the modules in a seperate gambas application and make that a
library, instead of regular application.
Next make your applications depend on the library (done in project
properties of the applications -> refers to an executable of the
library), and they can use the common functions.

More info: http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/library

If you have any questions, just ask.

gbWilly