[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #1013: gb.db.odbc new GetRecordCount mechanism seem not work with firebird database

bugtracker at ...3416... bugtracker at ...3416...
Fri Nov 11 14:22:01 CET 2016

http://gambaswiki.org/bugtracker/edit?object=BUG.1013&from=L21haW4-

Comment #14 by zxMarce:

Benoît,

Actually, it was not that hard. The subtraction trick did its job flawlessly (and fast, even with the additional API calls), and the function even worked as expected when faced a row-less query.
In retrospective, I should already had known better than to assume "all records start at 1", when I know the SQL "standard" is not such ;)
Moreover, given that there are many more RDBMs out there (most unknown to me), having the component remember details for each type would not be a good idea, and kind of contrary to the whole ODBC concept of standardizing RDBM access as much as possible.

But now that I have your attention, Benoît, I'd like to ask you a question instead.
The usual Gambas Connection object use .Host for the host name and .Name for the desired database ("catalog" for MSSQL) to connect.
When using a ConnectionString, though, .Name returns either empty or the whole connstring, which I think is undesirable. It should, IMO, hold the database name, as expected.
But, alas, I cannot pinpoint in the ODBC component the correct object/place/struct/string to populate with the DB Name!

Can you lend a hand and point me in the right direction?