[Gambas-user] Installer questions: How to package up new components?

willy at ...3474... willy at ...3474...
Fri Nov 4 15:37:15 CET 2016

On 2016-11-04 11:52, Piper984 wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I would like to deploy an application I've written to a few Ubuntu
> 16.04
> machines, but the Project->Make->Installation package utility isn't
> functioning the way I'd expect, so would like to get advice on best
> method
> to deploy.
>
> I am using a few of the gb. components, including a new version of the
> gb.media component.  When I run through the Installation package
> wizard,
> selecting Ubuntu, I do get .deb files.  They don't seem very large,
> FYI.
> When I take the largest deb file (marked with an 'all' label) to a new
> box
> that doesn't have Gambas installed I get a number of error messages
> like
> 'package gambas3-gb-media' not installed.  I assumed that the
> Installation
> Package wizard would supply those in the .deb file.  I don't want to
> apt-get
> install gambas3 or gambas3-gb-runtime as I need the component version
> from
> the current development release of Gambas.
>
> Is there a method someone could recommend to me for packing up and
> deploying
> my application with the version of the components I used for
> developing?
>
> Thanks!

It should be simple, since you are making Ubuntu packages.
At the target system add the Gambas3 Daily build PPA as follows:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gambas-team/gambas-daily
sudo apt-get update

The PPA has a daily build of the trunk version, so includes the newer
versions yo used when making teh package.

install all Gambas3 parts that your application require.

Hope this helps,

gbWilly