[Gambas-user] Installer questions: How to package up new components?

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Nov 4 13:47:03 CET 2016

Le 04/11/2016 à 11:52, Piper984 a écrit :
> Hi:
>
> I would like to deploy an application I've written to a few Ubuntu 16.04
> machines, but the Project->Make->Installation package utility isn't
> functioning the way I'd expect, so would like to get advice on best method
> to deploy.
>
> I am using a few of the gb. components, including a new version of the
> gb.media component.  When I run through the Installation package wizard,
> selecting Ubuntu, I do get .deb files.  They don't seem very large, FYI.
> When I take the largest deb file (marked with an 'all' label) to a new box
> that doesn't have Gambas installed I get a number of error messages like
> 'package gambas3-gb-media' not installed.  I assumed that the Installation
> Package wizard would supply those in the .deb file.  I don't want to apt-get
> install gambas3 or gambas3-gb-runtime as I need the component version from
> the current development release of Gambas.
>
> Is there a method someone could recommend to me for packing up and deploying
> my application with the version of the components I used for developing?
>
> Thanks!

You cannot make packages for the development version. You can only make
package for the gambas versions provided by the package manager of the
target system.

I will make a Gambas 3.9.2 release as soon as possible.

Benoît Minisini