[Gambas-user] An upside down color chart?

adamnt42 at ...626... adamnt42 at ...626...
Wed Jun 29 00:37:22 CEST 2016

On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 19:10:42 +0200
Tobias Boege <taboege at ...626...> wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Jun 2016, adamnt42 at ...626... wrote:
> > Can anyone help me with this. I am looking for a "reversed" color chart image. I'll explain..
> > pic1 attached shows the generally accepted version of a color chart - which generally I have absolutely no problemo with. (Its the one from the IDE image editor.)
> > What this shows in HSV terms is hue on the horizontal axis and saturation on the vertical axis, the value figure is set by the slider on the right. Fine, but what I need today is a chart with hue horizontally, value vertically and saturation on the slider.
> > I can do the figgering to build the control but I cannot find - anywhere on the the interwebs and beyond - a picture of the colors represented on those axes. !!!
> >
> > Any clues gratefully accepted.
> >

> Then upload whatever picture your control yields. It will become *the*
> reference chart for the HVS color space in no time.
>
> (I don't know what you expect as an answer here. Should I try to write
> such a control, too, and see if our pictures match?)
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

Ah, a lot more research and I have found what I am looking for (attached as hslchart1.png).  Its called an HSL chart and I got it from http://www.gamutvision.com/docs/gamutvision_equations.html which is quite an interesting page if you are into that sort of mathematical nightmare. :-)

In fact what I am after is a modified view of this chart, mainly the bottom half chopped and hammered so that the left side is the yellow tones and the right side is the red tones.  I have mocked up what I am going to be using as hslchart2.png - so I doubt that it would either become a standard for HSV (or HVS) or that it would be the same as you would produce.

cheers
Bruce

--
B Bruen <adamnt42 at ...3379... (sort of)>