[Gambas-user] Support for new Packaging systems (Snappy and Flatpak)

Dimitris Anogiatis dosida at ...626...
Sat Jun 18 01:10:50 CEST 2016

Hey guys,

This is by no means urgent, I'm just asking mainly out of curiosity.

There's been a lot of talk lately about new packaging systems mainly Snappy
(from Canonical - http://snapcraft.io/) and Flatpak (from Red-Hat/Fedora
but I also think they GNOME Foundation is behind them too -
http://flatpak.org/).

New features like application isolation and transactional updates, packaged
dependencies etc etc.

Is there any thought that Gambas will use those packaging systems in future
versions?

Is there any practical reason for getting Gambas and/or Gambas created
software to be packaged
with the new systems, or are we sticking with the already available
solutions?

Chime in everyone

Thanks
Dimitris