[Gambas-user] Debugging with libraries

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at ...3340...
Tue Feb 2 10:16:51 CET 2016

Hi,

Am 02.02.2016 um 00:12 schrieb Tobias Boege:

> now that I use a library in my projects, I noticed that debugging these
> projects is sufficiently harder. E.g. if a call into the library raises
> an error, I cannot display local variables and have basically to resort
> to Debug statements in the library.

I develop the classes first inside the project where I use them, when
they are stable they will be moved into the external lib. There I write
testcode to test their functionality that I can execute inside the
lib-project if I have changed anything.

To debug the lib inside your project you can copy all classes of the lib
to a subfolder of your main project, switch the lib off and debug like
usual. When done, copy them back, recompile the lib and include it again
in the main project.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--