[Gambas-user] Gambas new icon

Adrien Prokopowicz adrien.prokopowicz at ...626...
Sat Sep 19 01:50:47 CEST 2015

Le Sat, 19 Sep 2015 01:30:47 +0200, Benoît Minisini
<gambas at ...1...> a écrit:

> Le 19/09/2015 01:18, Adrien Prokopowicz a écrit
>>
>> - I used a slightly darker color, it didn't look pronounced enough on a
>>    light background to me.
>
> I just used the blue color of the website. How it looks depends on your
> monitor, its color temperature, your perception of colours...

That's true. If you prefer the brighter one just keep it, that's no big
deal. :)

>> - I made the eye and mouth transparent, so it doesn't look off on
>> non-white
>>    backgrounds. It is also a logical requirement for the Breeze theme
>> integration.
>
> I didn't know how to do that, so cool too.

I used the "Path>Exclusion" tool of Inkscape, after selecting the two
objects (head and the mouth for example), and voilà. :)

>> - The biggest problem to me was the IDE icon integration. The new head
>>    didn't look good at all on the old square, to me at least. So I made
>>    another one, using the same circle idea I used for the website.
>
> I don't get it: which icon is replaced by that new one?

The IDE's window icon, i.e. the app/src/gambas3/img/logo/logo-ide.png one.
Having it in 256px also makes it a lot cleaner on high-res displays and in
task switchers.

--
Adrien Prokopowicz