[Gambas-user] Project templates

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Sep 18 02:53:25 CEST 2015

Hi,

Since revision #732Z, project creation is now based on project templates.

Project templates are just normal projects that are stored:

- In '/usr/share/gambas3/template' : they are the default templates
provided with the Gambas sources. (Don't forget to issue a ./reconf &&
./configure -C if you compile from /trunk).

- In '~/.local/share/gambas3/template' : they are templates defined by
the user. To define a custom template, just save a project there.

A bookmark has been added in the 'open project' dialog and in the 'save
project as' dialog that points at the user template directory.

The title and the description of a template project are used for
describing the template in the project creation dialog.

These title and description can be translated inside the project
template, and it will be taken into account.

Of course, when creating a project, the template title and description
are replaced by those specificed in the project creation dialog.

At the moment, I made only two templates. I will make other templates,
to mimic the old project creation dialog behaviour.

You are welcome to send templates to be integrated by default with
Gambas! A template is usually a void project, but we can imagine
providing an application skeleton.

Benoît Minisini