[Gambas-user] Switching from 3.6.2 to 3.8.0 failed

Thu Sep 10 11:09:35 CEST 2015

Jussi, I guess you got me completely wrong here. The problem was not
that Cairo didn't run at all. But after a new install of Gambas 3.8.0,
this one program would not find Cairo anymore. After re-installing the
previous Gambas version, it wouldn't find gb.net.pop3. After
re-compiling the program with this older Gambas version, it runs ok again.

Up to now, I have always updated Gambas this way, but never took such a
big step (don't know why I skipped the versions in between). And I
cannot remember any problem with it.

So my question is "how to prevent such thing" rather than "why didn't it
run".

By the way, it is an older Suse 12.1. This system is tweaked to make for
a terminal server under LTSP and has been running fine for quite some
while now, serving up to 40 users daily, including me. Never touch a
running system, you know...

Regards
Rolf