[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #702: Installation Package Building

bugtracker at ...3416... bugtracker at ...3416...
Sun Sep 6 05:22:16 CEST 2015

Comment #3 by Donald Dwane ROSS:

Made a little headway. I built a Ubuntu 14.04 flash drive and installed Gambas 3.8 and copied code that wouldn't build with the sign option ON and tried it on the Flash drive install and it built OK. The Ubuntu Software Center still says the package is of bad quality though. I have some pictures and sound files in the package build. Details says "non-standard-toplevel-dir '/" and I don't have anything going there.
As far as the problem with my 15.04 install not Gambas3.8 building correctly with sign box checked, I originally got Gumbas 3.5 from the Software center, later I tried to compile 3.8 with it in and it failed. It messed 3.5 up so I removed it and reinstalled and 3.5 seemed ok. Later I added ppa to 3.8 so I removed 3.5 and installed 3.8. Maybe something along that path has the sign option not working. I might try removing and reinstalling again I have a 3.8 working on a flash drive with Ubuntu 14.04 but its slow to use.