[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #702: Installation Package Building

bugtracker at ...3416... bugtracker at ...3416...
Fri Sep 4 21:30:20 CEST 2015

Comment #2 by Donald Dwane ROSS:

Found a way to upgrade to Gambas 3.8.0.
On 3.8.0, Package building SAYS its successful as long as signing is off. As far as Source code, I have tried lots of programs and ALL fail with signing ON. I tried the Music Player that is with gambas3. From load in do a SaveAS then package build (Ubuntu/Mint) and with signing ON the build fails. The Package will install and say it is a BAD package build but it seems to work. Out of the 20 or 25 different program's I have tried (including a Fresh New Start Form with NO copy or paste then build a package, with sign on and fill out all options but the mime type page.) NONE...NONE have built successfully with the sign ON. The package build "Sign" options has problems on my computer if it works other places. "ALL" packages on the Ubuntu Software Center says "The package is of bad quality. The installation of a package which violates the quality standards isn't allowed. This could cause serious problem on your computer. Please contact the person or organization who provided this package file" etc..... with Gambas 3.5.2 or 3.8. Ignore and install seems to work for all packages but there is NO UNINSTALL OPTION, just Upgrade.
I tried installing Gambas3 on both Debien 8.1 and Knoppix 7.4 but so far I have good operating system installs on a HD. I have no (what seems to be nearly universal keyboard mouse problems on most of the later flavors of Ubuntu) on Debien OR Knoppix. Knoppix seems to work the best but installing Gambas seems to generate a big problem saying "Weasey (or something like that)" is not supported (Forever after a Gambas install to the system). I may tray a package build from the command line and see how it goes, I'll have to learn how to build a package from scratch probably using the system package builder and sign manually.

Gambas 3.8.0 gets confused a lot using PageUP/DN but so did 3.5, arrow keys are a BIG problem editing, a line using Backspace (the popup box's seem to mess the program up most of the time), takes leaving Gambas3 and reenter to fix, they pop up but Gambas goes into the SLOW mode after and keyboard and sometimes mouse is erratic till program close.