[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #826: Redirect links to gambasdoc.org/lang to gambaswiki/wiki/lang

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Mon Oct 26 12:32:03 CET 2015

> Am 24.10.2015 um 14:17 schrieb Fabien Bodard:
>
>> Is there no way to treat directly the database content to make a
>> replace of all http://gambasdoc.org occurences by
>> http://gambaswiki.org/wiki or http://gambasfarm.org/wiki
>
> There is sure a way. I will ask them. But gambas-buch.de is just an
> example, there are a lot of links in the wild which are broken now.
>
> A good rule for SEO and web designers (and may be for the future of
> Gambas): Never destroy links because you would loose relevance on search
> engines.
>

> Alles Gute
>
> Christof Thalhofer
If i remember well the server was down and we are not proprietary  of
the domain name. That's the reason for this change.

but as often these choices are guided by the current difficulties. For
years, the site was hosted by gambasdoc.org a contributor, but he
could not make us continue this service. I thank him again for all
these years of support. He had to find another host and it is the
company 'Benoit' who offered us storage space. However we have not
been able to keep the dns.
So much for the story ... what I remember me.

> --
> Dies ist keine Signatur

Fabien Bodard