[Gambas-user] Form Positioning Problem with 3.8.2

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Oct 8 17:34:31 CEST 2015

Le 08/10/2015 17:22, Nigel Verity a écrit :
> Hi
>
> My installation of 3.8.1, running on Mint 17.2, was upgraded to 3.8.2
> yesterday via the Launchpad PPA. Since then I have been experiencing
> problems with form placement. - Where FormA opens FormB using
> formB.showmodal(), the subordinate form is behind the parent.
>
> - FormB is smaller than FormA, and with 3.8.1 was initially
> centralised above FormA i.e
>
> FormB.x = FormA.x + ((FormA.width - FormB.width)/2) FormB.y = FormA.y
> + ((FormA.height - FormB.height)/2)
>
> With 3.8.2 the initial position of FormB takes no account of the code
> in form_open() regardless of what values I assign to FormB.x and
> FormB.y.
>
> I have reverted to 3.8.1 and everything works fine again. Has anybody
> else noticed this strange behaviour?
>
> I am using QT4 controls.
>
> Regards
>
> Nige

ShowModal always centers the form on the screen, so I guess a bugfix had
made your placement done in Form_Open() ignored. This is done when Qt
receives the mapping event from X11.

I will try to move the centering code before the raise of the Open
event, and I will tell you.

Benoît Minisini