[Gambas-user] How to input hide password into gambas command line project ?

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Thu Oct 1 19:59:03 CEST 2015

You can use escape codes too :

Local Echo (Keyboard Send-Receive)

This mode selects local echo, which causes every character transmitted
by the terminal to automatically appear on the screen. Therefore, the
computer does not have to transmit (echo) the character back to the
terminal for display. When local echo is off, the terminal only
transmits characters to the computer. The computer must echo the
characters back to the terminal for display. Select send-receive mode
by using the following sequences.

Send-Receive Mode (SRM)

ESC  [   1   2   h
033 133 061 062 150
Set turns off local echo. The terminal transmits characters to the
computer, which must echo characters for display on screen.

ESC  [   1   2   l
033 133 061 062 154
Reset selects local echo. Characters transmitted to the computer
automatically appear on the screen.

In mode off the program must return the char itself and the terminal
don't display the hitten key.

When i'll finished my term emulator i will think to a simplified
component that could implement simple terminal things,
like QBasic  does in the past.

So i had to just type Term.Foreground()
or Term.EchoOff... then ...

> Yes exactly, it’s the way that I've found to restore the terminal.
>
> Thank you
>

>> Olivier Cruilles
>

> Le October 1, 2015 à 13:18:31, Tobias Boege (taboege at ...626...) a écrit:
>
> On Thu, 01 Oct 2015, Yahoo wrote:
>> About gb.ncurses, when I say the terminal become unusable I mean that the Carrier Return does not work after closing my program, so press on the enter key does not create to a new line and the prompt is written on the same line, at the location where is the cursor.
>>

> That should indeed not happen. It seems gb.ncurses does not clean up
> properly. On my system, gb.ncurses works fine... But you can use the
> program "reset" to restore the default settings in any case.
>
> Regards,
> Tobi
>
> --

Fabien Bodard