[Gambas-user] Gambas migration to github (or something else?)

Adrien Prokopowicz adrien.prokopowicz at ...626...
Sat May 30 21:42:09 CEST 2015

Le Sat, 30 May 2015 20:23:17 +0200, Benoît Minisini
<gambas at ...1...> a écrit:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently testing the SVN import feature of github for Gambas.
>
> The plan is to migrate from subversion to something else, that "else"
> having to provide git (or svn) and a bug tracker.
>
> The main reason is the "Gimp" sourceforge case.
>
> If anyone has a problem against using git instead of subversion, please
> tell. I don't know how to use git yes, and I think it will be better and
> faster.
>
> I don't know if I can import Google issues into github with the Google
> code export, I will check.
>
> And at the moment, GitHub tells me that 87% of the repository is
> imported, while sending me a mail telling that the import has failed at
> the same time... Weird!
>
> Regards,

I have used Github (and therefore Git) for both school and personal
projects for quite some time, so personally I have no problem with Gambas
switching to it.

However, Github does not provide website hosting nor mailing-list features,
so will these stay on SourceForge ?

Also, I haven't found any "Gambas" organization, do you plan to make one
before importing the repository ?

Adrien Prokopowicz