[Gambas-user] TextEditor crashes the IDE in rev. 7095

Adrien Prokopowicz adrien.prokopowicz at ...626...
Fri May 29 01:13:49 CEST 2015

Le Fri, 29 May 2015 00:21:10 +0200, Benoît Minisini
<gambas at ...1...> a écrit:

> I have juste compiled and installed the latest trunk on my Mint 17.1
> VirtualBox VM, and everything seems to work. No recent QT5 packages, so
> the IDE runs with gb.qt4.

I fooled around a bit, and I tried to export the CLine class in the
gb.form.editor
component. Surprisingly, as dirty as it is, the IDE did not complain about
CLineInfo,
but CDocument instead.
So I kept going, and exported all the classes that I thought were used by
TextEditor
(CCommand, CDocument, CLineInfo, Helper, and _TextEditor_Rows).

And now everything works ! I thought at first the interpreter was messing
up some
classes between the ones in the IDE and the ones in gb.form.editor, but
none of the
classes that the interpreter complained about have homonyms in the IDE.

I know that can't be a good fix, but it works for me now at least...

I will keep you informed if I find more.

--
Adrien Prokopowicz