[Gambas-user] R: ERROR "Unable to compile gambas3" in rev. #7092 !

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue May 26 18:11:45 CEST 2015

Le 26/05/2015 18:08, Sebastian Kulesz a écrit :
> On May 26, 2015 12:25 PM, "Ru Vuott" <vuott at ...325...> wrote:
>>

>> Thank you very much, Charlie, finally a more information !
>> So, therefore, do I have "to wait for" :-(   Ubuntu provides Qt5Core >=
> 5.3 version ?
>
> They will never provide QT5 5.3 binaries in precise or trusty. They are
> freezed to whatever version was available at their release, plus backported
> fixes. If you want to compile gambas as it is now, you will need to add a
> third party ppa that has the binaries and development packages available.

And it could be worse than that, as when you read the QT bug tracker,
you see that QT5 X11 support is not fully finished, even in QT5 5.4!

It was not easy to make gb.qt5 works with QT 5.3, and I'm not sure yet
that everything works. I have noticed some strange mouse behaviours, but
people will tell.

Benoît Minisini