[Gambas-user] Beware of the recent changes in the development version

Wed May 20 08:56:50 CEST 2015

Am 20.05.2015 03:18, schrieb Benoît Minisini:
> Le 20/05/2015 02:20, Willy at ...3475... a écrit :
>> On wo, 2015-05-20 at 00:31 +0200, Benoît Minisini wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Since revision #7089, the IDE uses the new TextEditor control that
>>> replaced the Editor control.
>> Will TextEditor and Editor be code compatible?
>> I mean when changing from Editor to TextEditor would the same code for
>> Editor still work for TextEditor or would one have to rewrite all?
>>
> They are not 100% compatible:
>
> - The Editor.Flags[] array has been replaced by one boolean property for
> each flag. TextEditor.ShowLimit, TextEditor.ShowCurrent...
>
> - The Editor.Lines[] array is replaced by the TextEditor[] array.
>
> - Editor.Lines.Count is now TextEditor.Count.
>
> - Folding is not yet implemented.
>
> - TextEditor.Highlight now takes a string ("c","c++","gambas"), not an
> integer constant.
>
> - Selection is now indicated by the SelectionLine and SelectionColumn
> properties. Everything between (SelectionColumn,SelectionLine) and
> (Column,Line) is selected.
>
> - A style has one color only now, not foreground and background anymore.
>
> - Italic has been removed from styles.
>
> Regards,

I don't understand why there's no italics anymore, it's a nice feature
and a usual thing on editors. Everything else should be manageable.

But this TextEditor thing lets me remember of the Printer interface -
will there be any major changes through qt5 in the future?

Rolf