[Gambas-user] Beware of the recent changes in the development version

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed May 20 03:18:43 CEST 2015

Le 20/05/2015 02:20, Willy at ...3475... a écrit :
> On wo, 2015-05-20 at 00:31 +0200, Benoît Minisini wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since revision #7089, the IDE uses the new TextEditor control that
>> replaced the Editor control.
>
> Will TextEditor and Editor be code compatible?
> I mean when changing from Editor to TextEditor would the same code for
> Editor still work for TextEditor or would one have to rewrite all?

They are not 100% compatible:

- The Editor.Flags[] array has been replaced by one boolean property for
each flag. TextEditor.ShowLimit, TextEditor.ShowCurrent...

- The Editor.Lines[] array is replaced by the TextEditor[] array.

- Editor.Lines.Count is now TextEditor.Count.

- Folding is not yet implemented.

- TextEditor.Highlight now takes a string ("c","c++","gambas"), not an
integer constant.

- Selection is now indicated by the SelectionLine and SelectionColumn
properties. Everything between (SelectionColumn,SelectionLine) and
(Column,Line) is selected.

- A style has one color only now, not foreground and background anymore.

- Italic has been removed from styles.

Benoît Minisini