[Gambas-user] Property grid in IDE

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri May 8 11:04:09 CEST 2015

Le 08/05/2015 10:54, Fabien Bodard a écrit :
>> - I suggest removing one of the two mouse modes and keeping the
>> "immediate" mode only, when clicking in the widget jumps to the value.
>> No relative mode.
>
> I think i'll prefere to add an option for that.
>
> "AllowFineScale"
>
> Disabled by default if you want.

I'm talking about changing the value relatively while the mouse move. I
find that mode useless and confusing. Confusing because the widget
behaves differently depending on where the mouse exactly is. Useless
because if the user wants fine grain, he can use the spinbox.

AFAIK, The GIMP is the only software using that widget, and I'm curious
to know if I am the only people finding it not practical at all.

To make it more usable, I suggest that you implement sticky horizintal
positions. For example, a minimum value of 0, a maximum value of 100, a
precision of 0.1, but moving the mouse will stick to multiples of 10. Do
you see what I mean?

--
Benoît Minisini