[Gambas-user] Issue 612 in gambas: BUG Cannot browse more of 128 records on tables "No current connection"

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Mar 28 19:09:21 CET 2015

Le 28/03/2015 18:58, Lewis Balentine a écrit :
> I have over three decades of dealing with SQL and I can still not
> understand how this myth got propagated.
>
> There is NO valid SQL reason why a table should be required to have a
> unique primary key or any predefined key for that matter. One can always
> use the row number (record number) if such a key is required for one's
> application.

The row number does not exist in all database systems (more precisely,
it is not accessible to the outside), so I can't rely on that feature to
identify a row uniquely.

Maybe the row id is not standard SQL, if "standard SQL" has any meaning.

Consequently, I need a unique index, usually the primary key.

If you can tell me how to get the row id of a row in MySQL, PostgreSQL
and SQLite (mabe it has changed since the last time I looked at it), I
will reconsider my position. :-)

Benoît Minisini