[Gambas-user] Issue 616 in gambas: Where do files get installed or downloaded to from software farm

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Mar 24 16:10:29 CET 2015

Le 24/03/2015 15:56, Tobias Boege a écrit :
> On Tue, 24 Mar 2015, rolf wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>>    I am unable to find the installed or downloaded projects from the
>>> software farm, unless they are examples.
>>>
>>>    WHERE ARE THE FILES DOWNLOADED OR INSTALLED TOO?
>>
>> The gods of Gambas decide to hide this for DEVELOPERS in directories
>> below ".local" and they didn't make the path configurable!
>>

> Mmm, I feel more like an overlord, not a god. *blushes*
>
> Attached is a patch which:
>
>   - adds a configuration item to the "Preferences" dialog where you can
>     select the base directory for software from farms,
>   - changes every (as far as I and grep know) code, which assumes the hard-
>     coded path, to work with the configurable one,
>   - apparently fixes a bug when an "example"-tagged project is downloaded
>     or installed whose vendor is not "example" and there is no "example"
>     vendor directory already. (I'll write another mail about that soon.)
>
> It applies to #6997 under app/src/gambas3/. I tested it a few times but
> there is no warranty.
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

At the moment, I am against configuring the installation directory,
because it is a standard freedesktop path, and because the farm is not
yet finished.

I don't know how I will manage dependencies between softwares and if
moving the installation directory could be a problem.

Benoît Minisini