[Gambas-user] Issue 616 in gambas: Where do files get installed or downloaded to from software farm

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Tue Mar 24 15:56:29 CET 2015

On Tue, 24 Mar 2015, rolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >   I am unable to find the installed or downloaded projects from the
> > software farm, unless they are examples.
> >
> >   WHERE ARE THE FILES DOWNLOADED OR INSTALLED TOO?
>
> The gods of Gambas decide to hide this for DEVELOPERS in directories
> below ".local" and they didn't make the path configurable!

Mmm, I feel more like an overlord, not a god. *blushes*

Attached is a patch which:

 - adds a configuration item to the "Preferences" dialog where you can
   select the base directory for software from farms,
 - changes every (as far as I and grep know) code, which assumes the hard-
   coded path, to work with the configurable one,
 - apparently fixes a bug when an "example"-tagged project is downloaded
   or installed whose vendor is not "example" and there is no "example"
   vendor directory already. (I'll write another mail about that soon.)

It applies to #6997 under app/src/gambas3/. I tested it a few times but
there is no warranty.

Regards,
Tobi