[Gambas-user] Bizarre results when entering a £ symbol into a TextArea or TextBox

Sun Mar 22 21:34:35 CET 2015

Len() returns length in bytes and String.Len() returns length in
characters. Use latter for UTF-8 strings.
See the documentation.

> sText = String.Mid(PrintedTextBox.Text, 1, String.Len(PrintedTextBox))

I assume you mean:
sText = String.Mid(PrintedTextBox.Text, 1, String.Len(PrintedTextBox.Text))

But still that doesn't make any sense, since the result is exactly same as
with:
sText = PrintedTextBox.Text

It's just hard way to do the same. I don't understand what you are trying
to do.

Jussi