[Gambas-user] Ubuntu message

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sun Mar 22 16:45:34 CET 2015

On Sun, 22 Mar 2015, Gian wrote:
> Hi Benoit,
> I know this has been discussed, and I apologize for repeating.
> In Ubuntu if I want to show to a user in a message boloon I change
> colors by acting through the HTML commands.
> Or I can show him the message with typical "balloon" of Ubuntu:
> Dim comando, sText As String
> sText = "My spectacular Gambas3 message in Ubuntu"
> comando = "notify-send '" & sText & "'"
> Shell comando
> as do other software like Mozilla Thunderbird.
> One question: would not be wonderful if Gambas also inform us so? :)

Apparently this program once came with the libnotify package into my Arch
Linux which was, in turn, installed here as a dependency of python2-notify,
so I'd say it's a "non-core" program.

Don't know if it's worth it to add another dependency to Gambas, just to
replace our working Balloon with a fancier but external Balloon. Also it
doesn't show anything on my system, whereas Gambas' Balloon never failed
me :-)

Regards,
Tobi