[Gambas-user] Pre-release of Gambas 3.7 (2)

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Mar 10 22:17:17 CET 2015

Le 10/03/2015 22:10, Jussi Lahtinen a écrit :
>> Apparently llvm 3.6 drops the JIT interface of previous llvm versions.
>> For no reason, at least in their changelog.
>>
>> It's cool that LLVM allowed Emil to write a JIT compiler for Gambas.
>> Otherwise the more I look at it, the less I like it...
>>

> Here is more about it:
> http://blog.llvm.org/2013/07/using-mcjit-with-kaleidoscope-tutorial.html
>
> Seems like they have done stupid move. They publish new version, which
> breaks old functionality, without offering reasonable substitute.
> I don't understand why they didn't make first the MCJIT ready to substitute
> the old, before removing it!
>

> Jussi

Exactly. Only Emil can confirm, as I don't have enough knowledge about
that, but apparently there is no way to make an equivalent Gambas JIT
compiler with the new versions of LLVM!

I have modified the configuration script of gb.jit so that it checks
that the llvm version is greater than 3.1, but strictly lower than 3.6.

Benoît Minisini